Kickback Café, 107 S. Main Street, Oregon, WI 53575
Kickback Café is a family-owned coffee shop and dessert café located in Oregon, WI that is built on community. In the morning, we serve the best coffees, beverages, and baked goods in the area. In the evening we transform into a place for people to relax after dinner while enjoying an after-dinner treat. Along the way, our small team works to inject positivity into people’s days and the community. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, positive, supportive environment, we are the place for you!
Café Barista Job Responsibilities:
A Kickback Barista does a little bit of everything; the most common duties are listed below, but we work as a team to achieve whatever needs to be accomplished—even if some of those things are not in our job descriptions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Craft amazing beverages, specialty coffees, and other innovative drinks skillfully and consistently.
- Ensure a remarkable customer experience when assisting customers and taking orders.
- Prepare and serve food items.
- Describe menu items and suggests products to customers.
- Educate customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu and answering questions.
- Open and close café according to procedures.
- Promote the café, attracting new customers and retaining existing ones with a positive attitude and exemplary service.
- Stock and maintain supply inventory following procedures.
- Maintain equipment by following operating instructions; performing regular cleaning and preventative maintenance; maintaining supplies; call for equipment repairs when necessary.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations including cleaning and sanitizing work areas, utensils, and equipment and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Clean service and seating areas and restrooms.
- Participate in ongoing in-service/on-the-job training.
- Other job duties as needed.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Ability to multi-task and work calmly and efficiently under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Enthusiastic about creating an unmatched customer experience when interacting with and serving customers, taking and fulfilling orders, processing payments and in all interactions.
- Being awesome.
- Adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ideas and processes.
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver quality work.
- Ability to both work independently and be a team player.
- Positive personality and attitude.
- Active listener.
- Great communication skills.
- Customer focused service.
- Organization and high level of attention-to-detail.
- Desire to develop and grow your skills and knowledge.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Prior café, coffee shop or food service experience a plus.
- Position requires frequent standing, squatting, bending, twisting from the waist, walking, and use of arms and hands.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Starting Date: Mid-late May, 2021.
Work Hours: Weekday/Weekend morning and evening shifts available; hours between 5:30a-10:30p; additional hours and adjustments as needed.
Salary: DOE, starting at $10-12+/hour + tips.
- Family work environment.
- Extensive training provided.
- We take pride in developing and supporting our employees in any future endeavors.
- Free coffee and drinks when working.
- Discounts at Kickback Café and Chocolate Caper.
- Additional benefits.