Last Updated: November 21, 2015
Information We Collect
We collect information from you when you register and use the Platform. When you register to become a member or use the Platform, we may collect the following personal information, including, but not limited to, the following (collectively, “Provided Information”):
- Account information: name, user name, password;
- Contact information: email address, postal address and phone number;
- Device identifier and hardware information, IP address, browser type and language, cookie information, system type, access times, referring website URLs, information captured and stored by other applications, and other information about your interactions with us;
- Any other information you are required to provide in connection with your permitted use of the Platform;
- Any other information you give us or permit us to access, including, but not limited to, your image, birth date, gender, social media information, and activity and performance information; and any information you submit to us when you participate in our promotions, contests, and sweepstakes.
We store and compile this data and may retain it from those who access the Platform and do not become a member or who voluntarily end their registration or who have their registration revoked. To retain your registration status you are required to keep this Provided Information up to date and accurate by updating your account on the Platform or informing The Chocolate Caper of any changes to the Provided Information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The goods and services we provide require the use of your Provided Information. By submitting this information, you are giving us permission to use the Provided Information in connection with the services. Any of the information we collect form you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To improve our Platform: we continually strive to improve our Platform offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- To improve our customer service: your Provided Information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. We may also use your Provided Information to improve our services and product offerings;
- To provide you with the goods and services: we use your Provided Information to provide you with the goods and services we offer and you have requested on the Platform;
- Email marketing: With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products, and other updates. Your Provided Information may also be used to improve our marketing and promotional efforts. You retain the option to opt-out of all email marketing communication.
- Postal mail marketing: With your permission, we may send you postal mail about our store, new products, and other updates. Your Provided Information may also be used to improve our marketing and promotional efforts. You retain the option to opt-out of all postal mail communication.
- Third-party marketing: With your permission, we may rent, share, sell or exchange your email or postal address with third parties, who may contact you regarding their products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
Sharing of Information
All information collected by The Chocolate Caper is for its own use. By submitting your e-mail address, postal address or other contact information and providing consent on the Platform, you agree to receive communications including, but not limited to, email marketing and postal mail marketing from The Chocolate Caper.
The Chocolate Caper will not publish user e-mail addresses or postal addresses anywhere on our website, print them in our mailings or marketing materials, or otherwise disclose your e-mail address or postal address without your consent.
Users, at all times, have the ability and the option to stop receiving e-mail and postal mail communications from The Chocolate Caper and third-parties; unsubscribe from our mailing list; or remove their personal information from the Platform by using the unsubscribe/opt-out links provided in sent emails or by contacting email@example.com. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for The Chocolate Caper to process your request.
With your permission, The Chocolate Caper may share your information, including your name, address, email address, as well as a record of any transactions you conduct on our website or offline with us with a third-party advertising partner. The Chocolate Caper also retains the right to use a third-party analytics tools to track aggregate user statistics for its own use.
Please note, however, that The Chocolate Caper reserves the right to surrender user information (1) if we believe The Chocolate Caper has been used to commit or was involved in an unlawful act, (2) if the information is subpoenaed, (3) if the The Chocolate Caper is sold or acquired; or (4) for any lawful purpose or in response to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
Promotions and Contests
You can modify your profile within The Chocolate Caper through your account. If you would like your account to be deleted, contact The Chocolate Caper at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your information previously posted may remain publicly viewable indefinitely after deletion of your account. The Chocolate Caper may keep information and content in our backup files and archives. Users who wish not to be contacted by The Chocolate Caper or third-parties may, at any time; use the links provided at the bottom of sent emails or email us at email@example.com to unsubscribe from our services.
Visitors under 13 years of age are not permitted to submit their personal information to the Platform or register for The Chocolate Caper’s services. The Chocolate Caper does not market to children under 13 years of age and does not knowingly solicit or collect information from users who are under 13 years of age.
E-mails and Feedback Information That You Provide